Technically yes, but practically no.
Analysis methods: Roland Barthes’ Semiotics and The Rule of Three (Mathematics).
BLACK SOLDIER ON PARIS-MATCH COVER
1) Signifier: Photo of black soldier with his hand near his face
2) Signified: Black soldier saluting French flag
3) Sign = I) Signifier: Black soldier shows respect to France
II) Signified: Greatness of French military and so on
III) Sign: French imperialism
1) Signifier: Art
2) Signified: Self-expression (or whatsoever) of an artist
3) Sign = I) Signifier: Art
II) Signified: Social connotation (once it is open to public eyes)
III) Sign: Art is for public sake
LA GARE SAINT-LAZARE (1877)
1) Signifier: La Gare Saint-Lazare
2) Signified: Claude Monet’s impression
3) Sign = I) Signifier: La Gare Saint-Lazare
II) Signified: French industrialization
III) Sign: La Gare Saint-Lazare is for public sake
Oh god! I do not understand what I have just done, and my rebellious brain just refuses to go on thinking.
But you get what I try to say, right?